There’s a wealth of information and advice from every beauty YouTuber, blogger, publication, and beyond about the optimal skincare routine. It’s hard to sift through the noise and decipher what skin regimens are actually effective and what is merely advised as a result of a trend or product sponsorship.
At Salameh Skin Care, our information is rooted in science and fact, and we have no external sponsorships that affect our advice. We’ve compiled our top skin care steps for you to take to make sure you’re doing your beauty routine at the right time of day.
We’ve organized this guide by product and times of day to make it easier to digest. Read on to learn the top times of day to perform your beauty regimen.
Morning Skin Care Steps
Taking care of your skin as soon as you wake up is essential to making sure it has a clean basis for makeup, working out, or a long time out on the town.
Use these products in this order:
- Cleanser. Remove any sweat or oils from your skin that have accumulated during the night.
- pH Balancing Toner. Toner helps ensure your skin has the right pH balance so it doesn’t become inflamed.
- Moisturizer. Make sure you’re also hydrating enough so your skin is hydrated from within.
- Eye Cream. Eye cream is used to protect the delicate skin around the eyes to prevent wrinkles, sagging, and dark circles.
- Sunscreen. Reapply throughout the day.
After this is done, you may want to apply a makeup primer spray if you want to apply makeup. A primer spray helps seal in all the goodness you’ve given to your skin and make sure your makeup doesn’t clog your pores.
Make sure you’re using the right makeup for your skin type. Inexpensive or full coverage foundations can have a negative impact on your skin that can undo the care you put into your skin regimen. Do your research online or consult with a beautician to understand what products are best for your skin type.
Throughout the Day
- More sunscreen! All year round, sunscreen is important to protect your delicate skin from the harsh rays of the sun. Even a single sunburn can potentially damage your skin’s cell structure for life. If you wear foundation, find a product that has an SPF 30+ or layer your foundation with a specialized SPF cream.
Nighttime Skin Care Steps
Your nighttime skin regimen is the most important. Your skin heals and recovers for the longest time undisturbed at night, and you want to nourish it with the correct products. Do this routine right before you settle in to go to bed.
Follow these steps in order.
- Makeup remover
- Cleanser. Depending on your product, this could be the same as your makeup remover.
- Eye Cream
Twice a week, exfoliate your skin, and use a face mask. Don’t do this too often, or you could strip your skin of its natural oils or inhibit the other products you use in your daily routine.
Salameh Skin Care: Excellence in Medical-Grade Skin Products
When you purchase a product from Salameh Skin Care, you know you’re getting a product that’s meticulously, scientifically designed for optimal benefits and youthful results. Our products are used in our world-class medical spa for unparalleled pre- and post-treatment care.
If you’re interested in one of our procedures or medical spa treatments, contact us today to schedule an appointment at our Bowling Green, Kentucky location. We look forward to helping you take the best skin care steps for your individual needs.