As much as we all like to consider ourselves experts on our own skin and bodies, the fact is that there are always things we can learn about ourselves. An important case in point is the moisture barrier, a skin care element that even some experts do not take into consideration when coming up with treatments. Today, Salameh Skin Care will explain this important concept, and how you can use it in your own skin care regimen.
What is the Moisture Barrier?
Even in simple language, the moisture barrier can be a little bit difficult to describe, but essentially, it is the part of your topmost skin layer that seals in moisture and keeps out pollutants and dead skin. The moisture barrier is your first line of defense against all the things you do not want affecting your complexion, which means that keeping it in good shape is of the utmost importance for reaching your beauty goals.
How Can You Tell Its Status?
If your moisture barrier is in disarray, it may be necessary to engage in some skin barrier repair beyond the usual fare. The key term is “moisture”—your skin barrier will be easy to recognize as in good or bad shape by judging how hydrated it is. If your skin is flaky, dry, red, or noticeably irritated, it might be time for you to put some serious thought into how you are going to hydrate it going forward.
How Can You Fix the Moisture Barrier?
The way to make sure your moisture barrier is treating your skin right is to make sure it has plenty of, well, moisture! But what are the best ways to do that? We will divide this next section into two parts: ways you can improve your moisture barrier using medical-grade products, and ways you can improve it by making simple lifestyle changes.
1. Helpful Products
There is no such thing as a quick fix when it comes to your skin getting its moisture barrier back in shape, but a few of these supplements will certainly go a long way in getting your skin back to the healthy glow you know it deserves.
- Multi-Action Cleanser can hydrate and moisturize your skin as well as treat abrasions caused by acne and other blemishes
- Glow Serum Vitamin C, B, E, Ferulic + HA gives your skin the natural vitamins it needs to retain its shine and fight off environmental stressors and toxins
- Tinted Moisturizer SPF 44 replenishes the moisture barrier of your skin and also protects from the damaging rays of the sun
- Ultra Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Complex uses a sophisticated blend of natural ingredients to help your skin moisturize itself in an organic way
- Ultimate Rejuvenating Serum is a long-term solution to any skin issues you may want to clear up, useful not only for skin barrier repair but acne damage and dark spot erasure as well
2. Lifestyle Changes
You may be surprised at how a few simple lifestyle changes can do a lot of good for the moisture barrier of your skin.
- Drink lots of water and eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, like poultry and walnuts
- Try to stay inside if the weather is dry or harsh, and if you must go out, make sure to put on sunscreen or hydrate plenty beforehand
- After exercising, wipe away grime and sweat with a gentle fabric so that excess material does not end up clogging your skin or its moisture barrier
- Get a full night of sleep as often as possible and do so on soft, clean sheets
- Always moisturize and hydrate after showering and bathing so that your skin does not dry out (ironically, water can be one of the most damaging things to the hydration of your skin!)
Repair and Replenish with Salameh Skin Care
Salameh Skin Care offers many expertly formulated medical-grade products that can make skin barrier repair an easy thing to accomplish, and our facility in Bowling Green, Kentucky offers many MedSpa procedures that can assist the skin moisture barrier in order to make your complexion the best it can be. We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee for many of our products, and our trusted Skin Care Advisor is an invaluable tool for helping ensure you make the best choice on the first try. In short, you do not have anything to lose when you look to Salameh Skin Care for help with the moisture barrier of your skin.
To get started on rejuvenating your appearance and reaching your beauty goals, send us a message and ask about our rates and availability, or leave us a comment below if you have any other questions about the importance of a healthy moisture barrier. We always strive to do right by our patients, and your feedback is invaluable. For great skin hydration that you never have to compromise on, take the plunge with Salameh Skin Care today.