Eye cream is a wonderful way to treat and prevent lines and sagging around the soft, delicate skin of your eyes. This part of your face is so sensitive, however, that you should learn the correct way to apply eye cream before you smooth it all over your face like sunscreen.
Salameh Skin Care is dedicated to professional, medical-grade skin products that enhance your face’s natural glow and reduce signs of aging or damage. Read our tips for how to put on eye cream here.
What Exactly Is Eye Cream?
Eye cream is designed to alleviate the signs of aging around the most sensitive, delicate area of your face—below and around your eyes. Eye cream is a moisturizing solution that is effective enough to provide deep moisture and care without being harsh or irritating.
Eye cream works better as a preventative measure for wrinkles than it does for treating them. We recommend beginning to use eye cream as early as 20 years old. Trust us, your future self will thank you!
How to Put On Eye Cream
Follow these steps exactly to ensure you do no damage to your eyes or the delicate skin that surrounds them while applying eye cream.
1. Choose a medical-grade eye cream. Depending on your under-eye concerns, you may need to choose different products that work right for you. If you have under-eye wrinkles or signs of aging, choose a product with collagen to help make your skin firm and youthful, like our Ultimate Rejuvenating Eye Complex. Products with vitamins A and E help brighten the appearance of dark circles and hydrate your skin. If your skin is puffy or sagging, try our Instant Eye Lift serum for a smooth, refreshing effect.
2. Cleanse your face BEFORE applying eye cream. Clean, oil-free skin absorbs eye cream much better than oily, dirty skin. For best results, use a medical-grade cleanser that takes into account your skin’s pH and removes any excess oil and makeup. If you use an exfoliator, toner, and/or moisturizer as part of your beauty routine, do so before you apply eye cream. The order of how you apply eye cream is just as important to remember as the method.
3. Place a small dab of eye cream onto your ring finger. This is one of the most important tips we have for how to put on eye cream. Your pointer finger is stronger and harsher than your ring finger, and you want the application to be as gentle as possible.
4. Dab the cream—don’t spread it—below your eye. Avoid getting too close to your tear ducts or lower eyelashes. Eye cream will likely not do irreversible damage to your eyes, but it’s never good to get a product of any variety in your eyes, whether that’s a cleanser, makeup, or moisturizer.
5. Apply the cream slowly and gently. It shouldn’t take long, but don’t rush the process. Pushing too hard or rubbing the area aggressively can cause you to irritate the sensitive skin or even scratch it, and that defeats the entire purpose of using eye cream in the first place.
Those are the essentials of how to apply eye cream. As always, be sure to consult the label of your product and your dermatologist for personalized advice.
Trust Salameh Skin Care for Medical-Grade Products and Treatment
Dr. Salameh is a double board-certified plastic surgeon dedicated to enhancing his patients’ natural beauty. He’s passionate about helping you achieve a beautiful, vibrant appearance so you can look and feel your best.
Enhance your confidence and rejuvenate your skin with Salameh Skin Care. To make an appointment at our Bowling Green, Kentucky location, contact us today.